Find
Notify
Tools

Reloder 22 and 168gr TSX
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just a quick Question
I thought I would try Reloder 22 because I had 5lbs of it. Worked up to 74gr, gun loves the stuff (Stainless A-bolt). 3,4,5 shot groups under .75 in everytime I have shot it.

I'm going to use this load in Canada this year and my question is-

How temperature sensitive is Reloder 22?

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's more temp sensitive than the Hodgdon Extreme powders, but not enough to prevent you from taking whatever game you intend on taking, that's for sure. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you can shoot it at the temps you plan on hunting in, then you'll know where your bullet impacts and that's really the most important thing. BTW, what cartridge are you loading it in?

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I have been using RL-22 in my 7MM Mag forever, and it works just find in temperatures ranging from 35 below to 125 above (F).

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deltahunter,

Sorry about that, it's a 300WSM

Thanks,
Simdow

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote