Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 500 Magnum
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for a reliable source of components to reload for my two S&W 500 Magnums. In order of need:

1. Bullets
2. Brass
3. Powder
4. Primers

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Reliable source?

No source is reliable under the current and similar panic buying conditions. For when the panic subsides:

1. For bullets I use 400 grain Remingtons. In my Encore, they proved to be the most accurate.

2. For brass, go with Starline. Large brass purchases are discounted so when I buy Starline brass I usually buy 500 to 1,000 pieces. If you have a bunch, then you have your own dependable source.

3. Powder Valley is my go to place for online powder purchases. At least for me, H110/Winchester 296 works the best in my 500 S&W Magnum.

4. For large quantity primer purchases I usually go with Powder Valley. Any type of large rifle primer should work well for you.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I make my own, cast boolits.

These are 700 grains as a solid, the big HP is 640 grains. Custom brass mold from MP molds in Slovenia.

The ones on the right are 440 grainers from a lee mold.

Otherwise, I use the Hornady 350 grain magnum XTP HP, or the Hornady 500 soft point. Both shoot well. Brass is starline nickel plated.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizz:
I make my own, cast boolits.

These are 700 grains as a solid, the big HP is 640 grains. Custom brass mold from MP molds in Slovenia.

The ones on the right are 440 grainers from a lee mold.

Otherwise, I use the Hornady 350 grain magnum XTP HP, or the Hornady 500 soft point. Both shoot well. Brass is starline nickel plated.

I must say these moulds produce very high quality bullets. They almost look like silver bullets. How did you get hold of these moulds?