New
Find
Notify
Tools

IPCO Graphite Wads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone remember these? They were a mainstay of my loading process, back when I was first starting reloading with a Belding & Mull press. In addition to their other properties, they kept the powder in the case during bullet seating operations, during which the charged case was inserted in the seating die at a downward angle, unless you mounted the press at an upward angle on your bench (I never did). The wads came in a little package about the size of a pack of cigarettes and were in thin sheets packed between layers of oiled or waxed paper. To use, you simply pressed the sheet down on the mouth of the case after the powder had been added. According to some authorities, they enhanced accuracy and extended bore life.

I yearn for some right now, since I am fire forming some cases using a filler which I don't want spilling out during the process of loading. I suppose paraffin would do just as well, but the IPCO brand has a nostalgic appeal.

I thought I still had the remnants of a box around here somewhere, but so far a superficial search has revealed nothing.