New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading Equipment?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After too many years of shooting factory loads or going to someones' place to reload a little I have decided to buy the equipment and start reloading all of my own ammo. I want to buy everyting I will need to get started so.
Would you suggest one of the kits or buying seperate components? Also looking for suggestions on equipment brands.
I will just be punching paper for fun and hunting varmits and deer but I want better ammo than what I get with the factory stuff. Here is a list of calibers I will be loading for.
257 bob
25-06
260 rem.
7mm08
270 win.
280 rem.
7mm rem. mag.
300 win. mag.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Droptine

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

After too many years of shooting factory loads or going to someones' place to reload a little I have decided to buy the equipment and start reloading all of my own ammo. I want to buy everyting I will need to get started so.
Would you suggest one of the kits or buying seperate components? Also looking for suggestions on equipment brands.
I will just be punching paper for fun and hunting varmits and deer but I want better ammo than what I get with the factory stuff. Here is a list of calibers I will be loading for.
257 bob
25-06
260 rem.
7mm08
270 win.
280 rem.
7mm rem. mag.
300 win. mag.
Droptine

My advise is to get the RCBS Rockchuker kit. And buy a couple of manuals as well. The kit comes with a basic manual, but more info is better for you.

And secondly, hang out here on AR and ask alot of questions. You will get no better advise on the web than here..sakofan..Good luck!!

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

257 bob
25-06
260 rem.
7mm08
270 win.
280 rem.
7mm rem. mag.
300 win. mag.
Droptine

,,,,,,,,,,,,It will very hard to go wrong with the RCBS Rockchucker supreme kit....add another manual, and a Trim Pro case trimmer from RCBS and dies with shell holders and you will only need to add components and a work place with good light.....The RCBS equipment is good solid and they are EXTRA good about helping with any problems...and NO hassels when/if you ever do have a problem......after you get into reloading and some speciality items might need? or want to be added as well as speciality dies ......the kit has log book and manual, dial calipers andcase lube and prep tools......some of the cartridges you name are available in autos and SOME of them will need small base dies??? and the press and powder measure and scales will last a lifetime and you won't outgrow the press .....or main peices......read the manual and check with the boards for any problems/questions and enjoy the process and good luck and good shooting!-loading!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote