New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon Trail Lazer-Cast Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Im currently handloading 45ACP using a local guys bullets he makes on his days off. I have found them to be very soft and he uses candle wax as lubericate. Im looking to buy some of Oregon Trails lazer-cast bullets to reload. Has anyone loaded these bullets? How they shoot? Cleaning procedure after shooting them? Thanks

Posts: 108 | Location: Panhandle of Texas | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry those are Laser-Cast bullets

Posts: 108 | Location: Panhandle of Texas | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brennanc9093:
Im currently handloading 45ACP using a local guys bullets he makes on his days off. I have found them to be very soft and he uses candle wax as lubericate. Im looking to buy some of Oregon Trails lazer-cast bullets to reload. Has anyone loaded these bullets? How they shoot? Cleaning procedure after shooting them? Thanks

I have shot quite a few of them over the years. They seem to do as intended and I have taken them up to magnum velocities using their loads.

I really like the 158gr wide flat nose in .357, and also several of the other caliber bullets as well.

I have never had any issues with cleaning, just use a bronze brush and patch as usual. I shoot way more jacketed than lead, but had had no issues with these bullets leading anything they have been shot in.

Mike / Tx

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I've used them a lot in 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 44 Mag, and 45-70 at velocities from mild to wild.

Accuracy was better than expected and clean up of leading seemed to be normal.

They are pretty much my go to bullet in those above calibers, although at times I will used jacked slugs in the .40S&W and the 44 Mag. I shot a small mule deer buck with a 155g Lazer cast out of my Sig 40 at around 45 yards and seemed to be ok with it.

I think you will like them but I noticed that the price seems to have just about doubled since fall of 2008.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are as hard as a rock and would most likely not do very well at all in the low pressure 45 acp, at the blistering velocity of 830 fps.
lazercast are about 4 bhn harder than the ones i shoot at 2300+ in my rifles.
but it's your 70 bucks, or whatever they are nowdays.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I LOVE these bullets in my 45-70. I shoot them in my .45 Colt as well. Very hard, low leading, good bullets. Oh yeah, I also shoot them in my 45 ACP, my 30-30, sometimes my 30-06. And Ok, I shoot them in my 38 special. I haven't bought any in a couple of years because of a buy 5000 get 1000 free sale a while back. I cast some specialty stuff, but, for all around shooting, I have ZERO complaints with Laser Cast.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might take a look at Dardas. I am using their 230 gr rn in my .45 auto and it really loves them. He is usually cheaper than the other guys and his quality is super.
C.G.B.