Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55SE load with 160grs Lapua Mega
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted
I am using for my rifle load with 160grs Lapua Mega + 43grs AA4350, and I am happy with it. I would like to try Vectan powders do you have any idea?

Posts: 64 | Location: Zlin, Moravia, Czech Republic, Europe | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I know, vectan si in Czech one from favorite powder. But I don't know, why. I use for 6,5x55SE with Lapua Mega progressive powder Vihtavuori N560 with very good results (accuracy and muzzle velocity - 800m/s)

my english is very bad, you can comunicate with me direct via email petro@kiss.sk in czech language.

Posts: 5 | Location: Slovakia/Europe | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted Hide Post
Vectan is distributed by good people comparing to stupid representatives of SYNTHESIA (producer of Accurate powders). Those people do not want to sell large volume packages of their powders, they insist on 0,5Kg bottles what cost about 780 CZK but one kg if you buy it bulk in large box (8kg) cost you only about 800CZK What means almost 100% difference. it si possible to get also Vectan for this price and nobody has probem with it.

Anyway I have received information from Dynamit Nobel regarding loads for heavy bullets in 6,5x55SE here it is....:

140gr bullet Tub 5000 38 to 40 gr
Tub 7000 43 to 45 gr

160gr bullet Tub 5000 37 to 39 gr
Tub 7000 40 to 43 gr
first loading with 10% less

Best regards
NOBEL SPORT

Posts: 64 | Location: Zlin, Moravia, Czech Republic, Europe | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear M.Fox

The 800 CZK it's the same price I get in France for Tubal powders in 0.5 kilo bottles , in Spain it'a little more expensive and not available [Confused] , basicaly for me the tubal 5000 it's = to IMR 4064 the 7000 = IMR 4350 and the 8000 something beetwen IMR 4350 and the Norma Rel 22 , in the following page you get a relation of powders ; http://www.blasting-equipment.de/pulver/Abbrenn12.pdf Take care be carefull .

Daniel

[ 01-27-2003, 18:29: Message edited by: Daniel M ]

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
volk:
What does N560 cost in Slovakia ?
(Co u vas stoji N560?)

Jiri

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I buy powders in Austria, 1kg N560 cost cca 65Euro (minus cca 20%MW).

(Byvam v Bratislave a kupujem to v Hainburgu v Rakusku, co je asi 10km od hranic. Za kilo dam 65 Euro a na hraniciach odratam DPH, takze ma to vyjde nieco cez 50Euro. A ten prach tu cenu ma ...).

Posts: 5 | Location: Slovakia/Europe | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted Hide Post
DANIEL,
I know it is everywhere the same but we are quite few hunters and sport shooters and we are able to get us "industrial packed powder" in 25kg box bulk. then the price is reduced 50%..... that is the point. To shoot more for the same money...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hola Fox

Here in Spain we get in trouble to buy powders , the Governament said now powder it's not a solid propelant , it's an explosive as TNT , then the gunshops can have only 1 kilo [Frown] , and apply for hazard materials fees around �150 shipment , then powders it's unavailable .

Saludos cordiales

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted Hide Post
Hi Daniel,

here is also restriction to keep only one Kg for one shooter but there is no way to controll it becuase nobody can check how fast you fire it up so you can buy one Kg every day. Stores can store according to level of safety devices they have up to 100Kg I think. So no problem with it. It is not very official - officialy it is used for industrial reloading....