Find
Notify
Tools

.458x1 1/2" Barnes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Does anyone have any experience with this wildcat?

------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 01-22-2002).]

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
what is it good for? I use the real McCoy, the .458 Win.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I knew a couple of guys in Nam who were using it...but they wouldn't let me play with it...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Just for kicks, there is a commercial copy of this thing on the market now, the 458 SOCOM. Fires from a modified AR.

See http://www.teppojutsu.com/prod01.htm

I is rumored to have some recoil when you pull the trigger on an auto AR......... FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
GSF 1200 ricciardelli answered your question as to it origin & original use. It launches a 300 gr. slug at 1700 fps form a 16" barrel. I was wondering about the accuracy. The round was rumured to have been used in the silhouette pistol matches for a while.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote