New
Find
Notify
Tools

308 Accubond vs Interbond 150s?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Which of these is the quicker opening at 30-06, 2900fps M/V? thanks, capt david troll

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If you want quick expansion, why not try a ballistic silver tip? I assuming that you are looking for a deer bullet? I have used the ballistic silvertips sucessfully for deer in 30-06 and 308. Most of the time retained weight is right around 110 gr (from a 168 gr bullet).

If your going after pigs, either of the bullets you mentions should do the job. Good luck

Posts: 8 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Captdavid,

Can't help ya w/ the expansion question but, I can tell ya that the 150 ABs are accurate. I've been loading them at 2940 fps out of my Savage 110 for 3/4" groups at 100 yards.

I've heard many say the Interbonds are not as accurate as the ABs but, I have not seen this on paper to prove it.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two loads with 150 Interbonds in my Win
Model 70 that shoot under 1" all th time. One of them is closer to 0.5". The best load in my rifle is the 150 Interbond over 48.0 grs. of H-4895 sparked by a CCI 200 primer. The runner up load is the same except for the powder charge is 58.0 grs. of H-4350.

Both run 2900 FPS from my rifle.

Mark in GA.

Posts: 552 | Location: Coastal Georgia | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
The one thing I know about the two is that the Accubond doesn't retain as much weight as the Interbond, but both are excellent bullets, though when reloading for someone I recommend Hornady Interbonds, I know what the 165s do when going after elk. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captdavid:
Which of these is the quicker opening at 30-06, 2900fps M/V? thanks, capt david troll

What do you plan on hunting with these?

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Smallish deer and hogs. I like the BTs, but want something with just a little more penetration. capt david troll

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Capt, I did a lot of testing on the interbond, with some testing on the accu-bond. I wrote up the results here as well as on other websites.

My conclusion is that the interbond opens quicker, sheds less weight and expands to a larger frontal area.

Here's some 180 accubonds, smaller frontal area, retained weight around 70%. These and the interbonds were fired into watter filled milk jugs at 100 yds from my 300 wsm.

These are 165 interbonds, larger frontal area, retained weight averaged around 85%

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote