New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 Flanged and 470 NE
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All:

I am fairly new to the forum, been stalking for a while. I finally pulled the trigger (so to speak) on a new gun. I have commisioned Bailey Bradshaw to build me a new double with two sets of barrels. 375 Flanged and 470 NE.

Now I need something to shoot through them. I have done some reloading (mostly pistol) and own a Lee Progressive and all the misc stuff you need.

In need loading data, cases, bullet recommendations. I could go to the books but I want loads that people really endorse. I am not much of an experimenter and these loads will be used in the regulation of the rifle.

Any and all help is appreciated.

PS If FR Mitchell is listening in please drop me a PM.

Posts: 22 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 17 February 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 22 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 17 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
470 is easy, hornady brass is avalable. Might still be able to find some Jamison Brass. Woodleigh bullets are good along with Northforks, CEB’s, etc. RL15 is popular as is IMR4831.

375 Flanged just got harder now that Jamison is out of business at the moment. You do have Bertram brass at about $5.00 each. Jamison was sold at about half that when it was available. There is speculation that they will be back in business in the coming months but I can’t confirm that. I hope so because I like their brass and shoot it in many calibers. It cost me a damn fortune when they announced they were soon going to be discontinuing all sales a few months ago. But now I probably have a lifetime supply of 375Fl, 470 nitro, 500 nitro, 500 jeff and 577 nitro brass. Bullets for the 375 are numerous. Take your pick. My rifle is doing best with RL19.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I forgot on the 375 flanged. Nosler is coming out with ammo. Not sure if they will offer as unloaded brass or not.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank for the info. If you are having guilt pangs about buying all that Jamison Brass I am willing to alieve that guilt by taking it off your hands.

Any pet loads that you have used in Battle?

Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norma makes both.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote