THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you fellers likin them Interbonds?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
While cruising the funstore today, I found out they were clearancing out all their bullets- looks as though they are dropping all their reloading supplies. Anyhoo, I found a box of 7mm 139 gr Interbonds for $14. How are they shooting for you? I'll be using them in a 7 mm Remington Magnum.

Thanks,

SBB

Posts: 250 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I can't cant any consistancy out of them. I've tried them in the 280 Rem, 7mm Rem Mag and the 270WSM. Ihad good groups and bad groups all in the same session.

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At $14 a hundred, you can use them for plinkin' bullets with minimal guilt. I say load 'em up!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot one buck broadside last year at 50 yrd with a Interbond 165 grain out out of an 06. Clean golf ball size whole straight thru, very little colateral damage. Buck eased to it kness and rolled over..quite dead on the spot. Never seen on drop quite like that before.

I should say however that the interbond in my .270 gives me the absolute worse groups this gun ever has shot, near two inches out of a gun that can hold 130 grn interlocks under .5 most days.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/935108963

They are a premium bonded bullet that opens fast but then holds together.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I buy bullets with good prices like that for fun.

As to that specific bullet I have them here and they did not do well in my 7mm WSM. Sometimes a load is not just right or a rifle needs some other work and you think a bullet is not as good but that M70 has always been accurate with every other bullet but not so with that Interbond.

I have Interbonds in other sizes as well and they were not good or bad accuracy wise. I never got them into the field as I have switched to Accubonds which shoot the same as Ballistic Tips and that means very well.

I would have bought the bullets however.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I shot and killed four big game animals in South Africa with four shots from my .338 using 225 grain IBs at ranges from 80 yards to 303 yards. The only thing that stopped a bullet was a big old black wildebeest bull at 202 yards. Shot him quartering to me, broke the shoulder up and smashed a bunch of spine. I think the bullet was in the spine still, though we never recovered it. All other shots were complete pass throughs with evidence of great bullet expansion. I'm not sure I'd use them on real heavy game, but for stuff up to elk I'd say they're pretty darn good, and at half the cost of ABs, I'll keep trying them.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote