New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best Ballistic Software Package?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have Quick Load and like it. I found that the velocity I'm supposed to get, according to the program, is close to that I chronograph. It's only downfall is that there are a lot of new powders coming out that they don't have data for, even with their updates. That's hard to keep up with though.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is another great free one..

http://wildcatshooting.com/ballistics/

6.5 Bandit

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Y'all.

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I bought Quickload and I really like it. The only down side to this one is the price. It gives me a realy close estimation of actual chronoed velocities. I can only assume that the predicted pressure are close.

I also bought a different brand mentioned in a thread awhile back. It was definetly not worth the money spent on postage. If you pick one cartrige bullet and powder, but adjust the max pressure up and down, then look at the starting and max loads, make a chart of it, it gives way different powder charges, for similar velocties. I don't want to name names, but email me if you want to know which one not to get.

Quickload may be pricey, but is definately a quality product.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I bought Quickload and I really like it. The only down side to this one is the price. It gives me a realy close estimation of actual chronoed velocities. I can only assume that the predicted pressure are close.

I also bought a different brand mentioned in a thread awhile back. It was definetly not worth the money spent on postage. If you pick one cartrige bullet and powder, but adjust the max pressure up and down, then look at the starting and max loads, make a chart of it, it gives way different powder charges, for similar velocties. I don't want to name names, but email me if you want to know which one not to get.

Quickload may be pricey, but is definately a quality product.

How accurate is the pressure estimation. This is the only feature I am interested in

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote