Find
Notify
Tools

new old thread
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
another 9.3x62 with RL 15 and 286 NP thread I know but gives another chance to spread the word on dpcd and his work. he can really put together a gun that shoots. in the process of load development and it seems like 58 grains sitting inside nice Lapua cases is going well. happy to send a pic if someone wants to upload it.

can't say enough about tom and his barrels and the Osa Johnson pattern. taking it bear hunting in two weeks and can't wait.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Tom is one of the best!

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
What is the velocity you get with that load?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11222 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
cant tell you naki as I don't have a chrony available to me. but its a 25" barrel which may add a touch

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
He is getting at least 2400 fps.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I think my load is 60gr Re15 but 61 gr Varget is a better load - more consistent and just a tad more accurate. Also AR2208 (Varget) is easily available here. I get around 2400 fps or a bit more from a 24 inch barrel.

The beauty of the rifle is that the 286gr bullets hit 1 inch high at 100 meters and the 250gr TSX hits 2 inches high

Ray will probably say that is slow and want another 100 fps! Just kidding Ray. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
He is getting at least 2400 fps.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Once you get to 2200 fps with a 286 grain 9.3 bullet, any more is like discussing virtue among whores.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I agree in principle, except for those using it in Africa where legal of buffalo (Moz & possibly Zim)

quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Once you get to 2200 fps with a 286 grain 9.3 bullet, any more is like discussing virtue among whores.