Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Every load is based on a fantasy that it will be a:
1) carry load
2) deer hunting load
3) prarie dog hunting load.

How'd you know, Clark?? You must have ESP.

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"2) I have never been deer hunting
3) I have not shot a prairie dog in 20 years. "

That is just kind of sad.

posted Hide Post
Roger, Whattheheck does that mean? Bet you solved my accuracy problems this past Wed. and it sure solved my chambering problems. I made up some of the 60 gr .22-250's, had some of my own and some 55 gr - all on top of 38 gr powder. We'll see about grouping.
Why would Barnes act any differently that anyone elses bullet of the same weight and similar ballistic coefficients?
Jim

Posts: 2 | Location: California | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Quote:

"Roger, Whattheheck does that mean?" "Why would Barnes act any differently that anyone elses bullet of the same weight and similar ballistic coefficients?" I knew Fred Barnes personally. The bullets he made are called today Barnes' originals. And he took great pride in the game getting performance of his bullets, and rightly so. The all copper slug that is being sold under his name, he had nothing to do with.They may even be good bullets ??????
But they aren't Fred's. BC. and mass being the same are meaningless if the performance, if used on game, is drasticly different. roger
Jim

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote