New
Find
Notify
Tools

280AI dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm about to start loading as I have a 280AI build in the works. I wondering what brand dies to get. I plan on loading 150 etips and 160 accubonds for mule deer/elk with either RL22 or IMR4831 powders. Advice please?

Posts: 549 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
My 4 die set consists of

Lee Collet Neck Sizer - worth it to buy the 2 die set to get the Collet die
Redding Body Die
Redding Competition Seater
Lee Factory Crimp

The Lee Collet and Factory Crimp are made for the regualar 280 rem but are interchangeable as 280AI dies.

With this combination I can neck size till I have to push the shoulder back and then use the Redding Body Die. The Redding Competition Seater is expensive but will not introduce runout. The Factory Crimp helps my accuracy and I don't have to worry about bullet movement with the low bullet grip from the Lee Collet Neck Sizer.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Redding and Hornady both list the cartridge, but you should verify the shoulder angle. Most prefer Redding dies for their finish.