New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway 6.5x54 brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found a bag of 100 of these sorting through my piles of gun stuff. Any idea who made them for midway?

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Is that the Mannlicher Schoenauer cartridge or the rarer Mauser? I would guess it is the former.

Just curious.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11254 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just the regular M S variety.

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Midway has used Jamison and Star in the past. I used their 25 Remington Brass (Jamison). It was heavier than factory brass but worked great in my Rem M8 and the quality control was very good.

Call Midway and ask.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
I don't know who made Midway brass but I, and I have heard from others who experienced the same, have had several potentially dangerous longitudinal splits upon firing after the first reloading.
The guy who sold me the rifle didn't reload so I am certain the brass was only once fired. The splits occurred just below the neck and ran down about 3/4" or they occurred starting about 3/8" above the base and ran up the case about 1/2".
I tossed the rest of the Midway brass and loaded rounds, about 17 pieces, after my experience with the splits.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote