THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Reloading help - 264 win mag with 160 gr Woodleigh

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading help - 264 win mag with 160 gr Woodleigh
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any suggested loads for a 264 win mag with 160 woodleighs?
I have a Cooper in long range hunter and have most available reloading components.

My son and I are heading to the NWT in 2023 and he shoots that 264 win quite well and I would like to find a good load with those woodleighs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you in advance for the help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
email sent

Jim

Posts: 550 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woodleigh starting load w/H4831sc is 58.0 gr. @ MV of 2720.

HTH

Posts: 108 | Location: Wet Side, WA | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My load for a 160 grain Hornady round nose bullet in 264Win was Win brass with a Magnum primer over 64.5 grains H1000. I was shooting them in a TC Encore with a long throat and the bullets were seated as far out as I dared to keep neck tension in order to get closer to the lands. They shot pretty good. I know this is not a Woodly, but I thought it might help get you in the ballpark.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote