Notify
Tools

Brownells purchases Sinclair
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How do you thnk this will play out?

Simdow

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm leery about this. Sinclair has been a great supplier of their loyal foreign customers. Brownells has refused to deal with non-US customers and have had no where the service Sinclair has offered.

I sure hope Brownell's will not ruin Sinclair's corporate identity.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
I'm leery about this. Sinclair has been a great supplier of their loyal foreign customers. Brownells has refused to deal with non-US customers and have had no where the service Sinclair has offered.

I sure hope Brownell's will not ruin Sinclair's corporate identity.

- mike

For your sake, I hope so too, living across the pond.
I expect things like that were thrashed out before the merger. You might want to e-mail Sinclair and check it out. As long as Bill Gravatt in in the loop, I look for nothing of consequnce to change.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
In all fairness, I should post the reply I got from Brownells:

quote:
Dear Michael -

I wanted to thank-you for your comments on the acquisition of Sinclair. Your concerns about serving international customers is a bit confusing because Brownells has a very large business shipping internationally. Maybe your comments about Brownells international business being shut down was due to our miss-handling of your orders. If that is the case, we are sorry for this and would look forward to earn this business back.

One of the things with Sinclair is there international business success. We don't want to change how Sinclair does their job, we want to add value where it is needed. So, thank-you for pointing out one of Sinclair's successful operations.

This is good feedback. thank-you very much.

Pete Brownell

If that is the case, I'll stay a happy customer with both. Smiler

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SShooterZ
posted Hide Post
If Sinclair is profitable and growing, it would make no business sense for Brownells to change anything.

Hopefully this is just a merger that makes both of them stronger.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#
I'll never be able to give back to this forum all that I've learned from it. But I do want to thank those of you that have helped me out over the years.

Posts: 167 | Location: McHenry, IL | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
Bought from both in the past.

I don´t like it!

Sinclair was perhaps a trifle bit quicker, and competition is good for the Customer ...

I hope I get my Goods, also in the future! ( in Europe )

H

formerly, before software update, known as "aHunter", lost 1000 posts in a minute

Posts: 337 | Location: Middle Europe | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Brownells quote or message is a lot of BS, the refuse to ship even as small items as bedding bolts or other small stuff as it being arms-related and not allowed to send to for instance Sweden.

IN short we are seriously concerned over here as there is a large risk that we will not be able to get god reloading dies, BR bullets and other good things in life.

I´twas a sad day yesterday.

/Chris

quote:
Originally posted by mho:
In all fairness, I should post the reply I got from Brownells:

quote:
Dear Michael -

I wanted to thank-you for your comments on the acquisition of Sinclair. Your concerns about serving international customers is a bit confusing because Brownells has a very large business shipping internationally. Maybe your comments about Brownells international business being shut down was due to our miss-handling of your orders. If that is the case, we are sorry for this and would look forward to earn this business back.

One of the things with Sinclair is there international business success. We don't want to change how Sinclair does their job, we want to add value where it is needed. So, thank-you for pointing out one of Sinclair's successful operations.

This is good feedback. thank-you very much.

Pete Brownell

If that is the case, I'll stay a happy customer with both. Smiler

- mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
always had good service and pricing from both.
If they are smart they just leave Bill Gravett alone to make them money.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is Fred Sinclair still involved with Sinclair International? I went to high school with his kids.

Who is Bill Gravett?

Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gravatt

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adrook:
Is Fred Sinclair still involved with Sinclair International? I went to high school with his kids.

Who is Bill Gravett?

Andy

Bill is the head man at Sinclair. He is married to Fred Sinclairs daughter.

I have been dealing with Bill, and others at Sinclairs, as well as Brownells, for many years.

And I have had nothing but exceptional service from both companies.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that EVERY individual I have ever dealt with in the shooting sport business in the US, has gone out of their way to be as helpful as they can.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed Bey,

All the individuals in the US sport shooting business say you are an extremely pleasant person to work with. So what is your approach? Treat people the way you would like to be treated?

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote