New
Find
Notify
Tools

need an opinion: Lee Breech Lock Hand Press
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have any of you used it....and can offer opinions of it's usefulness and ease/difficulty of use?? Does it take standard dies?
Thanks.
Alex
aax1@bellsouth.net

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the hand press without the breech lock.
They do take standard dies.
To prime a case you need a seperate hand primer or the Lee Ram Priming tool.
It would be adequate for seating bullets and sizing handgun cases. I have never tried to size a large bottl neck case.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too purchased one not too long ago and have so far loaded close to 2000x 9mm para, 300 x38spl and about 600 x7x57. Am happy with mine and use it often. I use the Ram Prime on mine which is rather slow but I bought this press for its portability. Easy to full length size cases but have not tried to load 375 H&H. Mag yet as I have not used the rifle in a while. I like this press.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very useful tool. Mine is old without the breech lock. It has reloaded 100's of rifle cases, including 375 H&H and 300 RUM. It uses regular dies. I do not think it will last a lifetime, even for an old fart like me. I like to sit and watch TV while resizing.

The most useful tool made for working up new loads. Preweigh and package the powder in small vials. Bring the sized and primed brass to the range. Seat the bullets as you shoot. I hate to pull bullets, this way you never do!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It can be a handy little bugger. I believe you have the option of using the breech lock or locking it down and using 7/8 dies as you would any other press. I,ve got one of the older ones with out the breech lock, and I,ve used it for revolver rounds up to .44, ended up using it a fair amount for bottleneck cases initially. Primarily 9,3x62. Put together a few rounds of .416 Rigby with it to see if it could be done. Just because you can does,nt mean you should territory...At least for me.
Compared to a typical bench mount press, you,ll probably notice a little more play in the linkage, take a little more operater effort to use.

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU ALL!!!

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an old one if anyone is interested.

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM on its way