New
Find
Notify
Tools

RWS projectiles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone give me their opinion on Conepoints etc ,bought some for my 8x68 which were not cheap ,havent tried them as yet .Are they worth the extra money at nearly a buck each ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello velodog,

my short answer is.....NO!
The Conepoint e.g. has nothing to more to offer than any other simple softpoint from Hornady, Sierra, Speer et al - except a lower BC. And, as you already mentioned - a RWS standard type bullets will cost you the same as a premium one out of US production. The conepoint is also a remarkably soft bullet.

Don´t get me wrong - RWS has very high standards of production and quality - but this is about Economy of Scale. The production numbers are so small compared to the US producers that they need to demand premium prices.

Cheers
Roman

one of us
posted Hide Post
Speed Dog.....

IMHO EuroHunter summed it up just geat.

The Kegelspitz is a simple lead & cup bullet and even here in Europe they're not particularly inexpensive either.

I could understand if you were stuck using loaded ammunition for something requiring regulation or another special resaon. The KS's are simply not worth the extra cost in a cartridge such as the 8X68 where you can get a US premium bullet for less.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote