New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Chargemaster scale dispenser combo help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen, I have the RCBS Scale/Dispenser combo and have been very pleased with it for several years. Today when I powered it up the display simply reads 2009 and remains locked up and won't move from that display reading. Looking for help or ideas, I have disconnected it from power and tried the usual things such as holding down the zero button etc. but to no avail, any help appreciated.

Thanks--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kinda sounds like a trip back to rcbs is in order, but try calling them 1st, it might just be something simple like wacking it with a 2# hammer

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch, it turns out you are right! I could'nt think of any other options, so I took my air compressor and blew everything out really well, (power off of course) and then just bounced it around on the bench pretty good to just see if it might 'shake' back to conciousness...whatever it was it worked, when I powered it back on oila' it's back and functioning flawlessly again....

guessing mayne a bit of powder got somewher it didn't need to be, and either the air or the rattling around got it back to life--we'll see how it hangs in there.

One of Us
Picture of Porkypine
posted Hide Post
If you've been leaving The power converter plugged in all the time, there's a chance that it might be getting weak and that will definitely foul up the works. You might try replacing it before you send the whole works into RCBS

Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy....Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 52 | Location: Northwest Colorado | Registered: 10 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Porkypine, I do...didn't know that was an issue. I will stop that directly...have to check and see if I have another supply that is same DC conversion and keep that waiting in the wings....

Thanks for the intel!

One of Us
Picture of Porkypine
posted Hide Post
Fish, mine has a 9 volt 1000 ma DC adaptor. You MIGHT find one at Radio Shack but you'd probably be better off getting one from RCBS.

I found out about this with an RCBS auto-trickler.

I keep my adaptors plugged into a power strip and only turn them on when I'm using them.....

Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy....Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 52 | Location: Northwest Colorado | Registered: 10 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Porkypine, thanks, the power strip thing is exactly the change I am making to my bench!

I will contact RCBS, and see what the cost is for a backup transformer....the original is still working well for now.