Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-06 and 190 grain bullets
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to work up a load for my M700, but I am having trouble finding load data for 190 grain bullets. There is lots of info for 180 grain bullets not the 190's. Any suggestions for reloading manuals? So far I'm up to 56.5 grains of H4350 using Winchester brass, Sierra 190 Matchkings, and CCI BR2 primers with no signs of pressure. I'd like to get 2700ft/sec or better if I can, but I don't want to blow my face off in the process, so hopefully someone can steer me to a good source of reloading data.

Thanks

(Oh BTW, this is not for hunting, so don't flame me for using Matchkings)

<Multi Vis>
posted
Check out a Hornady manual for 190gr.loads as they have a 190 SPBT hunting bullet.
I worked up loads for that bullet many years back in a Ruger No.1 with a 26in.barrel and was getting 2835fps with 60gr of IMR 4831. - MAX LOAD for sure!::::MV

posted Hide Post
Thanks. I've got the Hornady manual on order. I guess I'm going to have to order the Sierra manual also, as I can't seem to find either one locally.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Reloader66>
posted
You would be far better off up grading to the 300 Winchester magnum cartridge if you want 2700 fps or more with the 190 grain pill.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi call or email sierra they will send you the reloading information you need . than you wil not need to purchase another book . [Smile]

Posts: 116 | Location: N.J. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Rufus, 2,700 fps "should" be safely attainable with 190's in a 22" bbl'd 06. Go to:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com

and post this question... there's a gent there who posts under the handle "MontanaMarine"... he shoots a "tactical" 06 with a 26" tube and gets just over 2,900 fps with Sierra 190's. I'm certain he could point you in the right direction. FWIW, I'd bet RL22 is the best powder to achieve the highest velocity with heavy bullets in the 06.

BA

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses and the links. Lots of good info there.

Rufus