THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is currently making Custom Reloading dies?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Well I contacted Hornady today abut having some custom reloading dies made for two of my wildcats. I got hit with sticker shock. Eeker Granted It was 10/03 when I last order from them but a 62% increase was a shock.

Who else is currently making custom dies? Anyone go any recent pricing on a basic 2 die rifle set?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey paul,
try calling some custom shops like z-hat,or e-mail MR Ken Howell, i do believe he has posted on our forum. or find some custom smith that chambers for your 2 wild-cats!!!
regards thumb

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
try calling some custom shops like z-hat,or e-mail MR Ken Howell, i do believe he has posted on our forum. or find some custom smith that chambers for your 2 wild-cats

The only smith(?) that chambers for my wildcats are me. I've emailed Redding CH4D and RCBS. I had switched to Hornady from RCBS in 2003 because of price and timing. Thought since my data was now 4+ years out of date I would check around.

Just thought someone might have had some made recently.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
10-4 paul i got it know.
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About 8 weeks or so at CH4D for a 4 die set that's large and exotic. Another 2 weeks for TiN treatment. Cost about $800.00.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Huntington's Die Service, a separate outfit from RCBS, at least USED TO MAKE custom dies. I have recently gotten them to make me some custom expander plugs for cast bullets........

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Huntington's Die Service

Thanks for jogging my memory. clap It was Huntington's that made my RCBS dies not RCBS directly.

Macifej you made my quote look a heck of a lot better. dancing

As usual just my $.02
Paul K