Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Moose Bullet Recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey everyone!

Am in the process of buying my dies and components to reload a moose bullet for my 300 WSM (Tikka T3) and was trying to decide whether to go with the Partitions or the AccuBond in either 180g or 200g. Any advice on these bullets or even any other brands that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 39 | Location: Saskatoon, SASKATCHEWAN | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Leaded 180 Gr A-Frame
UNleaded, 180 TSX

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Partitions or the AccuBond

I used Partitions in the past but have switched to Accubonds for everything and have never had a problem. Either the 180 or 200. What does your rifle like best? Moose are not that hard to kill. It just takes them awhile to figure out they are dead.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey ramrod----according to my hunting records, it takes a MOOSE 1 minute and 57 seconds to realize he has passed over the great divide--DEAD./

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I load 180 gr Nosler Partition for my son's (2) 30-06 and I load 180 gr Partition (protected Points) for my 300 Wby. Niether my sons or I have ever needed more than one shot to drop a Moose and none of them have traveled more than a couple of yards after being hit.

Posts: 167 | Location: Kamloops British Columbia Canada | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My first choice is NorthForks followed by a Partition. Use 'em in my .338 WM and my .270 WSM.
Load workup is very easy and although more expensive, you don't shoot a box of these at the range. That's what less expensive bullets are for. Besides, what's the point in quibbling over the cost of a bullet if you put a moose in the freezer? Never could understand that. I've found NF's to be slightly more accurate than a Partition as well. Just what I do.
Bear in Fairbanks

edit to add:
I have a 225 gr., .338 NF bullet sitting on my desk. I took it out of the 1st moose I ever shot with them. Shot the bull behind the front, left shoulder & some how (dunno how) we found it under the hide of the right rear quarter. That bullet is a picture perfect mushroom & weighs 217 grs (maybe 218 - forgot offhand). What's not to like? That bullet right there convinced me of the quality of NF's.
B.I.F.

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Whichever shoots best. It would be good if that were the NP but not really a big deal. After you shoot your moose, shoot it again!

Posts: 9 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My Shiras moose from Idaho was killed with a 160gr NP from my 7mm. The moose went about 15 feet after he was shot, stopped, wobbled, dropped and kicked up a little dust. About 20 seconds from shot to dead. NF, NP, A-Frame or TSX in either 180 or 200gr, pick the one that shoots most accurately and go hunting!

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote