Notify
Tools

YOUR INPUT ON THIS RIFLE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
im looking to buy a T C VENTURE weather shield
your likes and dislikes

Posts: 1135 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
from there web site
There are many options on the market today for a low priced bolt-action rifle. But the true test of what an inexpensive rifle should be is not just the price. It should be the cost vs. quality and features, this is where the T/C Venture delivers. With its 5R rifled precision barrel, adjustable trigger, Hogue traction panels, Melanite Coated Bolt and Guaranteed MOA Accuracy, there is nothing that can come close to what the T/C Venture offers for under $500. a The T/C Venture is also USA Made and backs the famous T/C Liftime Warranty and with 16vailable calibers there is no problem finding the gun you are looking for. So this year when you go to buy a new bolt action rifle don't sacrifice quality and features, get the T/C Venture
old
under $500 lifetime warranty. i think Its worth a try.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it good that it´s US made?

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have already read the reviews on line and in the mags. im looking for someone who owns one. and can tell me first hand. TC also says they will shoot 1" MOA, most of the mags. say they wont..

Posts: 1135 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:
Is it good that it´s US made?

It is always a plus to find something of quality that was built in our country. I am sure most citizens of other countries feel the same way.
It is always nice to support one's own economy instead of anothers.
beer

Posts: 73 | Location: SW Pa | Registered: 14 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not own one but would buy one. I have shot at the range with someone who was shooting one and he had tiny groups at 100 yards with his and it was a 30-06

Posts: 161 | Location: Denair Ca USA | Registered: 21 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased my first T/C rifle, actually a Pro-Hunter a little over a year ago. This rifle was at least a second hand rifle that was carelessly thrown onto the shelves with the other rifles at a local pawn shop.
Initially I was skeptical of a break action being capable of any accuracy to speak of on a repeatable basis. The proprietor, and a friend, assured me that T/C makes a very high quality product and that they will out shoot most other production rifles right out of the box. He was right. I purchased that rifle for 700 bucks (with a fair scope included) and fell instantly in love.
That rifle, chambered in 22-250, is one of the best rifles that it has been my pleasure to shoot. With a little finesse at the reloading bench, I can lay down 3/4 inch MOA groups all day long. I have no doubt that a better marksman could do even better!
I have nothing but good things to say about T/C and that Pro Hunter, and I am certain that their other line ups, such as the Ventures, are even better. If you reference your catalogue you will note that there is no accuracy garuntee given about the Pro Hunter. Imagine what the others are capable of!
I will buy other T/Cs and I would have no problem with recommending them to others. In fact, I am lusting after a T/C Icon that I saw in the new catalogue so badly, I don't know how much longer I will be able to withstand the temptation. I think that the Icons and especially the Warlords are my dream rifles!
I would say go ahead, get the rifle. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Posts: 62 | Location: The mountains of east Kentucky | Registered: 21 October 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I bought a T/C Venture in 7mm-08 as a Christmas present for my grandson. I mounted a scope and bore sighted it. I fired the first shot. It was on the target. I adjusted the sight to center the target and the second shot out of the rifle was a bullseye. The next 9 shots were three shot groups of under 1 moa. This was with factory ammo. My grandson then went out and killed a deer on his first outing with the gun. I believe this is the best value in a factory made rifle I have experienced.

NRA Life Endowment member since 1956

Posts: 12 | Location: Northwest Florida, USA | Registered: 20 September 2010Reply With Quote