New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Shop in Washington DC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted this message in another Forum without getting an answer. So: I will be attending to a Seminar in Washington DC 6 and 7th march and have two days left. Is there any gun shop around Washington DC that is worth a visit? I'm Looking for optics and reloading stuff.

Thanks in advance

Leupoldo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Due to the fact that the "Lard Ass" Federal Govt' lives here, prices on most stuff is usually higher than other civilized parts of our country. However, Atlantic Guns, in Silver Spring, Md., a DC suburb, is a very well stocked and knowledgable shop. They are just a block or two from the subway station.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not anywhere hear there, but if you contact my NRA, they will be glad to help you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to live in Fairfax County VA and I did most of my shopping at guns shows in Richmond.

You might want to spend your time at the NRA Museum.

Posts: 154 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the informations, I guess the best way will be to visit the NRA Museum and after have a look at the gun shops. I'm staying in Alexandria, so Fairfax is pretty close.
Very good idea.

Leupoldo

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armadillo:
You might want to spend your time at the NRA Museum.

I think I read in the Heller case that there were no gun shops in D.C. proper. If your hotel is in D.C., I'd be careful what kind of reloading supplies you try to take into the city. A case of primers might be classified a bomb. Who knows what dopey laws they have on the books?

Contact the NRA beforehand. Touring (to take HotCore's lead) our museum is a national treasure. NRA headquarters used to open their indoor ranges for member use. They might be closed weekends.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll give a second to atlantic guns. It had a lot of larger caliber rifles when I was living in Washington several years ago.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kingsport, TN | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lived in N. VA and MD for several years and Atlantic Guns is probably the largest.

Web site follows: http://www.atlanticguns.com/index.html

It has two locations, one in Rockville and the other in Silver Spring. You can walk to the Silver Spring store from the Silver Spring METRO stop.

If you are staying in Alexandria, you can drive down the "Richmond Highway" (Route 1) to Woodbridg, VA, and there are also several gun shops there. Can't remember their names, but you can look them up in the Yellow Pages.

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
If you can handle the 2 hr drive, Green Top in Richmond has a large selection of firearms as well as reloading supplies.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote