Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

win .401 SL
 Login/Join

posted
I need reloading data for my winchester .401 SL.

I have inherited it. It is a rifle from my grandmothers father and its not possible to find ammo in Sweden for it anymore. And its also hard to get new brass for it too!

I hope you will forgive me for my poor english, you know i�m from Sweden.

Posts: 4 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I haven't any reloading data, but this link will take you to a company that sells 401 WSL brass. http://www.martscustoms.com/new_cartridge_brass_page.htm

I don't know if they ship overseas, but you can ask.

Don't worry about your English, it is a lot better than most of our Swedish.

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Morgan;

You can also make .401 WSL brass by shortening 35 Remington brass!

I don't know if the cases would have to be reamed or not!

I have one of these also! It's a Winchester M-1910! I've had it for around 10 years and have never fired it! I do have some of the original ammo, round nose with a copper stud in the middle of the nose!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Morgon, RifleShooter magazine Feb.2001 issue, has a feature story on the Model 1910SL! It includes loading data for the .401SL and the .351SL! Six pages with lots of information! If you can`t get a copy from PETERSEN`S Publications, PM your mailing address to me. I`ll photo copy the six pages, and mail them to you in Sweden! Edward L.

Posts: 68 | Location: Swartz Creek, Mich. | Registered: 26 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This data is from the Ideal Handbook #33(1939)

The data is for cast bullets.

First, the .401 WSL

While I'm at it, here's data for the .351 WSL

Posts: 408 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Morgan: Feb.01 issue is on it`s way, U.S. Priority Mail! Photo copys turned out good enough for my records! Edward L.

Posts: 68 | Location: Swartz Creek, Mich. | Registered: 26 March 2003Reply With Quote