Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CopperMelt Borecleaner
 Login/Join

posted
Someone several days back posted a question about CopperMelt borecleaner to which I responed. Gary Hunter (President and CEO of CopperMelt Inc.) recently wrote me an email regarding my response in which he stated I could post it for you all to read.

Mr. Bergman,

A customer sent me a link to a thread on accuratereloading.com regarding Hunter's Extreme CopperMelt, and since you tried the product, you are the only one whose response I will reply to, but I'll reply to you directly and you can post this on the forum if you like... I don't have time to get involved in online discussions and I don't have time to chase after skeptical people who haven't tried the product. Our phones are too busy with people that want the product, and dealers and sniper units and armourers phoning for repeat orders, etc. So, if you could get this up for me upon your next visit there, I would appreciate it. Also, I am happy with your results and I wish for a long-term and successful relationship with you and with all users of Hunter's Extreme CopperMelt. You became a customer of ours right at the very beginning of selling CopperMelt... until just months before your purchase, I had been the only person who had ever used it. We have had our growing pains, but Nora and I have always done our best to provide the best value and service for our customers, and it was only due to the demand of people seeing it in use and Nora's recognition and encouragement of such, that I even considered selling it to anyone. Unfortunately our gun laws in Canada have been detrimental, but soon we will have worked out our U.S. production and distribution to become viable.

What you stated on the discussion forum is correct, that you cannot get any more fouling out of any firearm after cleaning with CopperMelt. The reverse is not true, however, when compared to any product we have ever tried, and by members of the military, law enforcement, special tactical units, etc. Enough said about that. I will only comment that your use of CopperMelt would have been greatly enhanced by using a 25 caliber nylon bore brush wrapped with a cotton patch to clean a 30 caliber bore. A 27 caliber brush, as you used, is too large, and proper contact of the cotton patch to the bore is hampered by the bristles of the 'too tight' brush poking through the cotton patch, allowing the cotton patch to move down the bristles toward the center of the brush, thereby reducing the true contact of CopperMelt to the fouling in the bore.

Try the .25 caliber nylon brush from us... with the correct stiffness... and you will be able to duplicate what I did at a recent gun show... I cleaned 56 dirty rifles from .22 to .375 caliber bore, brought to me by attendees that wanted their guns cleaned, in much less than 3 hours. Every bore was very bright... brighter than any other product produces... and squeeky clean. I used proper-sized nylon bore brushes with the correct stiffness, and the dirtiest rifle took only 5 patches to totally clean, and less than 5 minutes. Follow my instructions completely, and you can get the same results. A proper fit is critical to maximum efficiency of CopperMelt. Those instructions that are included with each purchase are based upon my experience using CopperMelt since I first made it, almost 5 years ago, and the experience of having performed in excess of 10,000 rifle cleanings during that time. Properly used, CopperMelt is the most economical, most effective, most time-saving bore cleaner in the world, and we have testimonials from shooters who have used all the other bore cleaners, whose 'shot-out' barrels suddenly got all the rifling back and are very accurate again, only after cleaning with Hunter's Extreme CopperMelt.

As for the customer that tried to phone and couldn't talk to anyone, we are trying our best here, and are getting well-trained staff to answer the phone whenever possible, but sometimes we have 10 calls in one minute and we just can't answer them all. As you stated, I do answer calls whenever I can, and although my staff doesn't answer around the clock, I have taken orders at literally every hour of any day whenever possible, whenever I'm not in the production facility.

As you already know, we are trying our best to give CopperMelt users the best value for their dollar, and to me, a product that does not cause cancer, cannot harm a barrel, is non-abrasive (does not make a barrel get hot when short-stroking), extends barrel life, gives first-shot dead-center accuracy, removes all fouling in just a few minutes and only a few patches (start to finish less that 5 minutes), and costs about a dime per cleaning, is a very good value for anyone. The gift of time saved with CopperMelt is, to me, the most valuable and precious gift of all, and no amount of money I have ever heard of has been able to buy back time. I'd rather forego the cost of a coffee a week to have a few hours a week for things other than the mundane task of cleaning guns.

PS

I give you permission to copy and post this email to you on that same forum, for others to read. I stand behind everything I advertise with CopperMelt, and I cannot find a better bore cleaner value in any other product.
Good shooting!

Gary Hunter
President & CEO,
CopperMelt, Inc.
www.coppermelt.com
780-721-6745
garyhunter@coppermelt.com

Posts: 9 | Location: Great Falls, MT | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I don't have time to chase after skeptical people who haven't tried the product.

Now, there's a guy that wants to grow a business!

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a bottle at a gunshow here and tried it out on several of my rifles that had already been cleaned with Butches bore shine and JB paste until I could not get any more blue patches with any of my cleaners. I tried some coppermelt on a plastic jag on them and it did bring more copper out of the barrel. On dirty barrels it did clean them faster than any other solvent I have used before.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at a fouled barrel at the muzzle. Put a drop of sweets on visible copper. Nothing happens. Put on coppermelt. bubble bubble....copper gone. I promise.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote