Notify
Tools

Neal Knox
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted
Neal Knox died on January 17th.

Why has noone made mention of the fact that someone who supported gun rights for 50 years passed-away?

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
It's pretty sad when a man devotes his life to firearms and the preservation of our 2nd Ammendment rights and doesn't get a mention. I got the sad news in an e-mail. Take care.
Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HuntR
posted Hide Post
Sad news, indeed!

Thanks for posting it, Steve!

Posts: 179 | Location: Maine | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve, It had been mentioned over on the Big Game Board a couple of weeks ago. Caught me flat-footed too.

I always think of Mr. Knox as the Tip-of-the-Spear in the ground-root effort to get the NRA out of Warren Cassady's (compromise with the Ultra-Leftist, Radical-Liberals) totally incompentent hands and into peoples hands who actually fight for our Rights.

He will be long remembered as a true American Patriot. I'm not real sure who could ever fill his shoes.

Hot Core - NRA Benefactor

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For heavens sakes, I hadn't heard til now!:sad: Wasn't he the editor of rifle/handloader also? We lost a brother in arms!

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes he was editor at Handloader/Rifle.In later years he sported a beard. And at
Shot Show in Atlanta, we got talking and I thanked him for beard, as it now made him
a full fledged anarchist like me. That was
period of time I was working day and nite to get
a shooting sports TV network going, with
Rowland and others, and most
folks thought we were crazy..Ed.

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
I did see an announcement about this - on Hunt America?? Can't recall exactly where.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve - check back on the 2nd page of big game hunting in this forum. It is the only place I found, and can't understand it either. it should have made national headlines, via con dios to an old friend

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
God Speed and God Bless you Mr. Knox.
He was the point man for the second amendment.
We are truly diminished.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Auction Arms has had a banner announcement at the top of their home page since at least the 19th, when I first saw it. Click on the banner and it links to Neal's web site which now is limited to an obituary. And at the bottom of that page is another link to Neal's 'last goodbye' letter, dated January 5th. Take Kleenex. Frowner

For anyone reading this thread and wondering just who was Neal Knox, you should beg or borrow a copy of Revolt at Cincinnati by Joseph P. Tartaro, an excellent narrative of how the membership recaptured the NRA at the 1977 convention, and why it was necessary.

Jim

Posts: 94 | Location: Upper Left Coast, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is indeed a great loss to the gun community. Neal never let his guard down. He was always, "looking out for us". He was passionate about it. He will be missed. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve your a bit late I posted it two place here the day he died.

Posts: 19583 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote