THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Sierra .223 69gr - trying to find '7"-10" Bbls only' heads

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra .223 69gr - trying to find '7"-10" Bbls only' heads
 Login/Join

posted
I have great results with Sierra 69gr .224 heads, the ones that say on the box product code 1380 and '7"-10" twist bbls only'. I'm trying to find some more, at least 500.

I'm worried that some sellers I've contacted have said they have "the same" in stock when in fact they have different ones, e.g S1380 or ones saying 'Over 10" twist bbls only'. My Southern Guns rifle is a 9" twist. Does anyone know of a supplier that can sell me exactly what I want?

Thanks!

Posts: 5 | Location: Warwickshire, UK | Registered: 18 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
You realize you can order direct from Sierra right?

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I should have said, I'm in the UK, so no.

Posts: 5 | Location: Warwickshire, UK | Registered: 18 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Sorry missed that, Yeah with import export laws, crap..

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
S1380 or ones saying 'Over 10" twist bbls only'

I have never had a problem shooting bullets in a faster twist rate barrel.

I shoot a 1 in 7 barrel and have shot all kinds of bullets in it with out problems.

I would try what you can get.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkylineUK:
I have great results with Sierra 69gr .224 heads, the ones that say on the box product code 1380 and '7"-10" twist bbls only'. I'm trying to find some more, at least 500.

I'm worried that some sellers I've contacted have said they have "the same" in stock when in fact they have different ones, e.g S1380 or ones saying 'Over 10" twist bbls only'. My Southern Guns rifle is a 9" twist. Does anyone know of a supplier that can sell me exactly what I want?

Thanks!

Calling projectiles also known as bullets "heads" really grinds me.

Posts: 91 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: 15 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skyline:

Send an e'mail to: paul@sierrabullets.com
and ask him what they can do to help you out.
Might not be possible, but, never know til you ask the right guys.

Good luck,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CJWinWA:
quote:
I have great results with Sierra 69gr, etc....
Thanks!

Living in the UK where successive governments have almost legislated law abiding shooters out of existence, and are constantly trying to turn the screw on us, we learn to be on our guard, watching our ps and qs, including the terminology we use. I know, we shouldn't hide our light under a bushel, but the non-shooting public have sadly been conditioned by the liberal elite to bracket us with the criminal users of firearms, sorry, guns.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CJWinWA:
quote:
I have great results with Sierra 69gr, etc....
Thanks!

Living in the UK where successive governments have almost legislated law abiding shooters out of existence, and are constantly trying to turn the screw on us, we learn to be on our guard, watching our ps and qs, including the terminology we use. I know, we shouldn't hide our light under a bushel, but the non-shooting public have sadly been conditioned by the liberal elite to bracket us with the criminal users of firearms, sorry, guns.

The same has happened in this country and more so in my Home state of California

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give John Bright at Highland Outdoors a call. They should have them in stock and and be able arrange delivery to your local dealer.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Looking at Sierra's online listing I only see 2 .224 69 gr. bullets: The one you want 1380 and the "tipped" 7169.

Posts: 798 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote