Notify
Tools

Redding #2 Scale
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted
Opinions?Likes?Dislikes?Worth the cost?

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glockmeister71: I have a new in the box Redding Model #2 Powder & Bullet Scale that was a gift to me a couple years back (I wished for a "powder measure" and got a "powder scale") for my birthday.
Did not have the heart to tell my offspring they had purchased poorly.
Anyway it is to be sold for $35.00 and it costs $99.00 at normal retail now!
All I know is its a Redding and I have one set up and calibrated already.
I like mine!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=658771

They're actually only $65,but you should be able to sell it for $35 pretty easy.I found a guy that tunes Ohaus 10-10's for around $100 shipped including the scale.I've about decided to go that route.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glockmeister: Received on the Midway catalog price (don't forget the shipping!).
I got my retail price ($99.00) from this link:
http://www.redding-reloading.com/pages/model2scale.html
Good luck with the Ohaus, I have heard Ohaus makes virtually "all" the scales on the market today under the various brand names.
Also this, could you tell us about the "tune up" that your contact does. What does he do and is the typical owner of a Redding #2 in need of his services? Etc.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.6mmbr.com/6BRBlog.html

Scroll down the link about 1/3 way down the page or so.Email him and he'll get back with you.Seems like a nice guy to deal with.