Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Antique Nosler Partitions??????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted
It's been a while since this was on page 1, but I wanted to bring it back up because I've now shot these things and can't believe the accuracy.

Loaded with WLRM primers and RL-22 at 3.340" these things shot into a 1/2" all the way to top loads. I decided my top load of 75gr is the winner with groups under an inch. I'll be using these for field position practice because they were so damn cheap.

If you ever see these antiques at a show and the price is right, I recommend you pick them up quick.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why use them for practice? These are the bullets that made Nosler's reputation. They'll perform every bit as well on game as today's Partition.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek,

It's not because they're antiques. I have faith they would perform exactly as the new ones would. I'm using them to practice because they were so cheap. I've used Sierra MatchKings for practice in the past, but even those are more expensive than these old bullets. Super cheap and nearly MatchKing accurate add up to an economical practice tool.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like they would work out to about the same price per bullet. About .17 each. I'd save the partitions for game and buy some more sierras to target shoot with. My .02