Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Press (Senior single stage)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PIERCE288
posted
WTB a Hollywood Press. Does anyone know where I can find one? Im looking for a single stage. (Hollywood Senior single stage reloading press)

John

Illegitimi non carborundum

SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Club Life Member
NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 159 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: 30 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
fishingMine is not for sale but you can call Hollywood Engieering @ 818-842-8376
Joe or Margaret Mueller

10642 Arminta st.
Sun Valley CA. 91352

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to see pictures of these in Elmer Keith's books and old American NRA magazines and very early Reloader's Digests from the 1970s.

I did not know they were still around. So just used Google. This is what I found:

http://www.hevanet.com/temple/Hollywood.html

http://www.meyette.us/HollywoodEngineeringSaga.htm

And many other UNHAPPY comments. I've no dog in the fight but are all these complainers just wrong?

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesI've used my Hollywood sr for 54 years now and it is as strong now as it ever was. Wish I could say the same. shockerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flea Bay and Gunbroker is where I'd start

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
There were a bunch on Ebarf, but none right now. Make sure you get a steel one, not the aluminum one. Expect to pay $150-330, depending on what else is included.

I know something about them (I currently have one Hollywood Senior and four of their turrets) and can offer buying advice when you locate one.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
Pierce288: Same to you, LOL!!! I have one, it is not the turret press, but it is the heavy brute. Is that what your looking for. Also, I have converted it to RCBS shellholders, with one of their adapters, snap on or off.

Let me know, maybe we can make a deal on it.

Jerry

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PIERCE288
posted Hide Post
Hey Jerry - LOL gotta love Willie!! I would def like to talk about that press. I will send you a PM. Smiler

Thanks,
John

SCI Life Member

Posts: 159 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: 30 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to know if these press would reload an 4'' 4-bore cartridge? Also is there any pictures or information on the Dillion Hollywood type press? And will they reload a 4' 4-bore cartridge?

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Big Will,

I am guessing 4-bore cartridges require 1.5x12 dies; is this correct?

If so, not all Hollywoods have a die station that size. It was up to the original buyer to decide what size the stations were to be. For instance, out of 45-stations on the 5-Hollywoods I own (3-Universals, 1-Senior Turret, and 1-Senior), only one is 1.5x12.

Some Seniors have the 1.5x12 & 7/8x14 capability, while others do not.

And I have not heard anything about Dillon making a press that looks like a Hollywood; could you elaborate? I do know their newest press is aimed at the .50BMG crowd and costs $1000. The die-plate is supported by 3-posts and the dies are 1.5x12.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big will:
I would like to know if these press would reload an 4'' 4-bore cartridge? Also is there any pictures or information on the Dillion Hollywood type press? And will they reload a 4' 4-bore cartridge?

Roll EyesCall Hollywood Engineering! beerroger

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
My Hollywood SR. ,vintage 1956,is threaded 1.5"x12 and has a threaded bushing that reduces it to handle the standard dies.With the right shell holder the throat has a 5" opening .With a universal shell holder adapter it has a 4 3/4" inch opening. I can't see why it can't be used for a 50 cal. MG case. Don't have a clue about the priming rod. I hope this is some help. fishingroger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Will, I use an RCBS Ammomaster 2 to load 4-bore with 1.5" dies, which it handles without a problem.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 815 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't have a clue about the priming rod.

There is a guy on Ebay who sells replacement priming rods for the Senior that will also work on Senior Turrets (although the stock primer arm for those are taller), and also work on Dunbars. I have one and it is identical to the original ones.

From left to right: Senior primer arm, Senior Turret primer arm, and Universal Turret primer arm

Member:

One of Us
Picture of PIERCE288
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info!! Smiler

SCI Life Member

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
Hi; John

I am shipping the press to you today. Please check the packing material for the handle and a sheel holder I found in my stuff. If I happen to find any other parts, I'll send them to you latter.

Enjoy

Jerry

PS I am insuring the press also FYI

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in seeing a picture of it when it arrives.

Member:

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
John:

Just wondering, if the press arrived yet?

Jerry Eden