New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAKO brass?
 Login/Join

<wthbymag>
posted
1997 Somchem loading manual (RSA) references SAKO brass in 7x64 loads. Question : does anybody have a USA source for SAKO brass, outside of Sinclair et al. carrying benchrest caliber stuff like 6mm PPC?

What (if any ) experience has anyone had with their brass, regardless of caliber?

Thanx!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wthbymag:
1997 Somchem loading manual (RSA) references SAKO brass in 7x64 loads. Question : does anybody have a USA source for SAKO brass, outside of Sinclair et al. carrying benchrest caliber stuff like 6mm PPC?

What (if any ) experience has anyone had with their brass, regardless of caliber?

Thanx!

I have had a little experience with sako marked brass as factory ammo and then reloading....the batch I had when 22PPC first came out was great stuff.....case-neck walls very consistant and lasted many reloads with few problems.....haven't used any of the recent batch but with Sako's past record I'd say it was good/great brass......good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had some factory 6PPC ammo for my Sako varmint and after firing up the ammo the brass has been some of the best I have used.

Posts: 84 | Location: Southeast AZ | Registered: 25 November 2000Reply With Quote