New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need source of RWS bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When I need something from der faderland that is not easy to find for sale in the USA, I usually contact Reimar Johannsen. Unfortunately, even they do not carry RWS bullets.

I am specifically looking for the 6.5mm, 10.3 gram, TMR bullet for use in 6.5x54 Mannlicher Schoenauers and 6.5x57 Mausers.

Any leads would be appreciated. Evidently this (along with the Lapua Mega 155 grain 6.5mm) is one of the bullets that fly true out of the old 1903 Mannlicher carbines.

Thanks.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Lapua is pretty hard to beat. Lucky that is your other option.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do agree Bob. For Mannlicher Schoenauer owners there seems to be a cachet to RWS bullets and brass. I can accommodate their brass desires. If I can locate the RWS bullets, I will have some very happy customers.

The next object of my easter egg hunt will be Round Nosed, Soft Nosed, .352", 245 grain bullets for the 9 x 56 M/S. Woodleigh has .354" bullets at 250 grains; that covers the 9 x 57 Mauser. I may be able to swage those down.

I love this stuff. The search never ends.

Cheers,
John

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of off track being 8x50R ammo, but there's a shop near me that has a stash of the Czech (1935, I believe) in a crate. It's very clean and just sitting in his shed.

Posts: 174 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 03 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been a few years, but when I was stationed in Kaiserslautern (Ramstein AB) I used to get RWS bullets/brass for my .375 H@H at the Frankonia store in Bexbach. I don't see anything by RWS on their website though...

Am Butterhügel 6
66450 Bexbach, Germany
06826 9342-0

Posts: 77 | Location: W. Branch MI USA | Registered: 22 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Try contacting the importer and see if they can help.
http://www.rws-usa.com/

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote