Find
Notify
Tools

7mm rem mag and H1000?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Any loads you had luck with in 150-160 gr bullets? What is velocity and accuracy like?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
haven't tried H1000...but H4831SC (maybe 63 grains..I'm working from memory here!) with 162gr Hornadays will group just over an inch in my rifle.

Email me at home, and I'll send you the exact load for the 4831 if you want

raven045@arctic.net

jeff

Posts: 181 | Location: Anchorage, AK, USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pop, I have some H1000 ordered for my 7mm Rem. Mag and it should be in this week. As to date the best load I have for it is 64.5 grs. of Reloader 22 under a Sierra 140 gr. SBT.
I get <.5 MOA with this load. I'll let you know the results with the H1000 as soon as I shoot some. *Nut*

------------------
If guns are outlawed, Only outlaws will have guns.

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
I've used it in the Rem and STW, velocities were disapointing to say the least. I don;t recall any of the loads.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
POP -
Mention using MatchKings in your 7Mag and get another 1,000 post'er going

Actually, I've used H1000 in the 7 Rem. Mag with 162 grain Hornady and Nosler Solid Base (superb bullets, why did Nosler stop making them?) bullets with excellent results. Do not have the exact load data at my fingertips, but, I recall it worked pretty well, especially accuracy-wise. If you're interested, drop me an e-mail and I'll get the results to you.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mention using MatchKings in your 7Mag and get another 1,000 post'er going
Oh, I forgot to tell you. I have some 150 & 168 gr. MatchKings coming with the H1000. <grin>

------------------
If guns are outlawed, Only outlaws will have guns.

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Nutoy -
quote:
Oh, I forgot to tell you. I have some 150 & 168 gr. MatchKings coming with the H1000.

Now you did it!! King, txhunter, Wyo, Heaton and those guys can smell MK's from WELL over 1,000yds. Everybody run for cover.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Thanx for the comeback guys!

Hell no! No Matchkings for this hunter I want to ms=ale sure the job gets done!

Hornadies (162 gr)will do fine....as always!!

------------------
"Hope for the best.....Expect the worst!"

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
Pop,

You are being narrow minded again. We all know that the matchking is a far superior to any hornady

Stirring the pot

Bill

------------------
www.rifleshooter.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

<EricH>
posted
POP,
It has been a while since I last loaded for a 7mm, I used 168gr? BarnesX and I can't remember right off hand how much powder I used but it shot under an inch. I was quite impressed, it was slow but who cares when you can drive tacks! My dad droped a doe with that round in her tracks. You may want to head to:
http://www.hodgdon.com/data/rifle/index.htm
it is rather incomplete but there is some useful data.
Eric

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
POP -

Checked out my data last nite; here's the skinny:
72 H1000; F215M; R-P Case; 162 Hdy BTSP; 3.30" o'all = 2,960FPS in Rem 700 AS w/24" barrel; 2,980 FPS in HOWA 1500 w/24" barrel. Numerous 1" - 1.25" 5 shot groups. I note that load as being one grain over the max shown in the current Hodgdon book, but, 1 grain under max in the manual I used originally. Use your own discretion.

The 162 Nosler S.B. gave similar results, but, I'm just about out of them Why did Nosler quit making them, and try to foist the B-Tips off as replacements? They should be horsewhipped.

R-WEST

[This message has been edited by R-WEST (edited 02-26-2002).]

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
THANX TO ALL

------------------
"Hope for the best.....Expect the worst!"