Find
Notify
Tools

Reduced Loads for 308 Win
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a reduced load for the .308 Winchester that would send a 125-130 gr bullet between 2300-2500 fps?

Thanks

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found this on the web:

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/youth/308win_y.php

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
17.5 to 18.5 grains of Blue Dot...

or 20 grains of SR 4759

or 30 grains of IMR 4198 or RL 7

all will be more accurate and less finicky than those H4895 loads...which also carries an oversized KaBooom with it...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have loaded 16.0gr of Blue Dot behind a Nos 125gr BT for my .308 Win. with Fed.210 primers with good results, groups are under 1"@ 100yds. I've been trying AA 5744 and found that a more bullet pull is needed for this powder to burn clean at lower velocities.
I should add that I do not own a chronometer I am only shooting for accuracy.

Posts: 13 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote