New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako brass -- Europe?
 Login/Join

<wthbymag>
posted
A question for y'all : How would I go about acquiring Sako brass for reloading my 7x64 Brenneke. I am a USA resident, hear that Sako brass is "the best", but all I can get here is basically in benchrest calibers. Do I have to contact a dealer / stockist in Europe? Worked up my loads in Norma and Remington offerings already, for my CZ 550 Lux model.

Thanx!

wthbymag

one of us
posted Hide Post
I too would love some Sako brass.
What about contacting Berreta??...sakofan...
I'll try them in the morning...no work for this wicked boy...hehehe..
Great post, man!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did check out thier webpage. We probably will have to find a Beretta/Sako dealer...sakofan..
http://www.sako.fi/

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I might be inclined to give Sinclair a call and state the problem to them. They have a world of
contacts and are quite helpful. Ask for Cindy Gravitz. She's quite knowledgeable and very
helpful. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to 'rain on your parade' but I wasn't overly impressed with Sako brass when I got it for my 222rem. The flash holes definately all had burrs on them and I can categoricaly state that RWS and Lapua don't.

RWS load 7x64 so I'm pretty sure it's available as a case for reloading. Expensive but available in 20s (boxed) it even comes ready chamfered - just prime, charge and seat. In 7x57 and 6.5x55 it is superlative I would go so far as to say that any attempt to uniform is likely to introduce increased variables!

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
wthbymag

I have used sako brass in a few calibers and I'm not soo happy about them, small volume and a few burrs. The PPC brass is another thing.. I would have stocked up on RWS and Norma. Lapua used to make brass in the caliber before, but I'm not sure about it today.

[ 06-25-2003, 21:54: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

<wthbymag>
posted
Thanx to all!

Just placed an order online to Old Western Scrounger for a box of RWS brass. Hope it is in stock...
ows-ammunition.com

My local gunshop was helpful, as always : AJC Sport Shop in Clute, TX. Apparently Fountain Firearms in Houston might also have "oddball" cartridges and brass.

My .280 Remington loadings and 7x64 Brenneke loads are identical including performance (being essentially the same round, so to speak, the Europeans being far ahead on this one). However, the 7x64 does better with 160 grain Sierra's (H4831SC)and the .280 "prefers" 140-grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. I zero both guns with 150-grain Ballistic Tips(IMR 4350)at 100 yds., then hunt with 150-grain Scirocco's or 140-gr Noslers in the .280 and shoot the Sierra loading in my 7x64. It just worked out that both 140- (.280) and 160- (7x64)grain hunting rounds hit 1 1/2 inches high at 100 and behave similarly out to 300 yds.

Incidentally, the Sierra's stick in the lands of my .280, a 700 BDL-DM offering unlike any of the other bullets used.

wthbymag -- very grateful!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wthbymag:
Thanx to all!

Just placed an order online to Old Western Scrounger for a box of RWS brass. Hope it is in stock...
ows-ammunition.com

Good job!

I, personaly, would work back up as it may have a bit less case volume.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote