Find
Notify
Tools

Retumbo in 7mm RM
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted
Anyone using this powder w/ either 160 or 175 gr. bullets.I'm looking for any data you can provide. I have seen the load limits on Steve's pages which is good but I'm looking for anything else I can get. Thanks

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sodakhntr
posted Hide Post
Variation in velocity with Retumbo (with Nosler 160 Partitions) is lower than anything else I have tried.

Based on data, it completely fills the case so you can't really go with any slower powder.

I have not compared accuracy in my rifle to RL25 which leaves little to be desired.

The reason I am experimenting with Retumbo is because of possible less temperature sensitivity.

Ted

Posts: 152 | Location: China Spring, Texas | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I've shot a bit of it up trying to find the perfect load with 162gr. Hornady's. Steves suggested load max was pretty close in my gun.

Still have yet to find as good a load as I found with RL22 & 160gr Barnes XLC's. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if you've tried H1000 and didn't like it or not, but I've had tremendous success with it. Unfortunately, I've never tried Retumbo, and I know it's a little bit slower than H1000. For the H1000, though, in a factory Savage 110, 67.0 grns in Rem Cases with CCI 200 primers behind a moly-coated 162 gr. Horn. A-max has given me medium velocities (2750) but excellent accuracy: .5 MOA out to 200 yds (this is the longest distance nearby to test). Hope that helps some...

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reloder 22 is great for 175 grain bullets at 2800+. Excellent accuracy.

Posts: 224 | Location: North Platte, Nebraska | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote