THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Nosler partition "Gold"? Grey? moly coated?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler partition "Gold"? Grey? moly coated?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just opened up a box of bullets. Nosler partition golds.
Only the bullets are coated with a grey film, it doesn't look smooth like most moly coats I have seen. They look like they have been dipped in paint, but you can make out the plastic tip.
Have I got the right bullets? I had a look on the Nosler site and there is nothing similar on there.
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have a box of combined technology ballistic tips. No Partition bullet is made with a plastic tip, although the CT B-tips I use are a very smooth grey finish.
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
<Peter>
posted
I have the exact thing. As far as I know they ARE called Nosler partition Gold. My 180 gr.(30 cal) bullets are very accurate.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to Nosler's site nosler I would assume the lead tip is also moly-coated, which might lead one to believe that it is a black plastic tip. If it's a light gray/dirty white tip, then they're definitely CT ballistic tips.
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
...seems you're right [Big Grin] I just didn't look there. So whats the write up with these?
Are they a harder bullet than the "normal" partition?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've experimented with both (golds (moly free) and regular partitions) in my 300 win mag and both reacted near identically in my rifle ie. velocity, accuracy etc.

The golds are slightly different in design (heavier partition, partion slightly more forward, steel cup partially surounding lead behind the part.)

The new Nosler Manual has pictures to compare differences, and I imagine their website does as well (search for combined technology?).

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote