New
Find
Notify
Tools

376 steyr
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i just traded for a jeff cooper steyr, it came with a 2.5x leupold and a wierd looking sling. man i'm excited about this gun . can someone plz tell me about it a little and about that cartidge. it sounds mean to the teeth. it's in 376 steyr
thanks sambo

Posts: 78 | Location: DFW, TEXAS | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sambo,
Please click on SEARCH
then "big bore forum"
then "steyr"

it's an AWESOME round,
jeffe

Posts: 38515 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Ditto what jeffe said. Kicks ass.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
Quote:

i just traded for a jeff cooper steyr, it came with a 2.5x leupold and a wierd looking sling.

You can also search for "Ching Sling" and read all about the sling that came with the rifle.

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Learn to use the Ching-Sling it can tremendously improve your field accuracy. It is in my opinion far more useful than the bipod.
Be sure to find the storage compartment also. Drop the reserve magazine in the buttstock and press the button towards the front of the gun (often a little stiff). I like to store an otis pull through cleaning kit in here. You also with a little creative stuffing can get a 3mm and 5mm allen wrench etc. to cover all of your emergency weapon maintainance needs.
The 376 Steyr in the scout to me has 3 issues;
1. I prefer a standard scope to the scout scope, you can't load the gun with stripper clips anyway and I find the scout scopes lacking optically.
2. The 376 Steyr kicks a bit in this gun....
3. It Kicks enough that it will bash the hell out of the lead pointed bullets that you keep in the extra magazine in the buttstock. I use 270gr Swift A-Frames that have a flat point and this reduces it somewhat.

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
there's a NEW FEATURE in the search...

the date range..

set it for 2 years

jeffe

Posts: 38515 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote