New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brass cleaning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which is best for cleaning brass a vibratory or a rock tumbler? Thanks.

Posts: 48 | Location: Western Wa. | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Vibratory by far. Smilerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
Vibratory by far. Smilerroger

+1 thumb

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I prefer ultrasonic cleaner using citranox. You get the primer pockets and the inside of the case clean and no corn cob or walnut hull to clean out. All three work great it gets down to preference and time. I have large(B) Thumbler's roller tumbler, a Thumbler's Ultra-Vibe (18) vibrator and L&S 10 liter ultrasonic.

Posts: 110 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have both, the Lyman 2200 and the RCBS Sidewinder Tumbler.

From having and using both, I can say that the Sidewinder does a better and quicker job cleaning the brass than the Lyman. The Lyman has more volume and left long enough, will get brass just as clean as the RCBS. But when I want really clean brass, I will always use the Sidewinder.

The Sidewinder creates more movement of the brass and media than does the vibrator cleaners, plus will handle the liquid media if you only want to spend 30 minutes cleaning the brass inside and out.

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote