New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interbonds vs SST
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been useing 139gr SST's in the 7 mag, but now am torn between them and the Interbonds in my newest 308 win. Any help would be great

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
If you are going to use the 165 or 180gr. SST's, I think you'll like them for accuracy and performance on deer sized game. If you are going after bigger game, or you are going to try and drive them really fast, then I think you would be better off with the Interbonds.

Have Fun1

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
buy the cheaper of the 2 and be happy with your choice.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
At 308 velocities, you'll be fine with either. At over 308 velocity the SSTs are nothing more than varmint bullets IMO.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SST bullets are much more frangible than Interbonds. I really never got Interbonds to shoot well and prefer Nosler Accubonds. I did shoot a buck with 165 grain Interbond in an '06 and it just kneeled down slowly and rolled over dead, one nice whole straight thru the shoulders. very nice. The SST will behave more like Nosler Ballistic tips and as others have said can be a bit explosive.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I've used SSTs and I've used Interbonds on big game animals. They both work well and both give great accuracy. I would go with the one with the best ballistic coefficient. Or, buy a box of each and use the one that has an accuracy advantage if there is one.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
I have shot the SST in 30 cal 30-06 and 338 and there very accurate I got a great buy $14 per box on 225 gr and they shoot 1" lower then Nosler 210gr Part. in my 338 I have been using them as a trigger time bullet, my 06 shoots them very well and i'm planing on using on a hog or two this fall.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote