New
Find
Notify
Tools

7x57AI
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody got any good loads for the 7x57 AI with 160 grain bullets or any great loads for that matter.
thanks

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no one out there has ever tried this caliber?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gerryb:
no one out there has ever tried this caliber?

Never saw the need. coffee My regular 7x57 does the job just fine.
About all I can suggest is take regular 7x57 Mauser data and start from about the middle charge and work up for the bullet you want.
Seriously though, I do have the old Speer #2 loading manual which deals mainly with wildcat cartridges circa 1956. Some of the powders no longer exisit and the data for 4831 is Hodgden's original milsurp stuff which as you know is long gone.
If you want it, I can copy it, but you use it at your own risk.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the school solution for developing loads for an AI chambering is to use the max load for the standard chambering and work up.
I just had a 250 Savage AI built, and did as Paul suggested, started at the middle of the recommended non-AI powder charges and worked up as I was a little concerned about starting with higher powder charges.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks I to have 5 7x57 and was just going to experiment with the AI and see if there is a big difference with heavy bullets. i hardley ever use less than 160 grain bullets

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear gerryb:

Shoot me a PM, and I'll give you some of my loading data for the 7x57 AI. I have had success with W-760 when using the 120 grain bullets, and with 140-175 grain bullets, Reloder 22 and IMR-7828.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote