THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    AR Has Been There Done That....Ultrasonic Home Brews

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Has Been There Done That....Ultrasonic Home Brews
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
I'm looking for some of the best up to date home brews for UL cleaning brass

I have surfed all the old post on a couple forums and would like some new thoughts.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Still going with tap water (enough to cover cases and a little more), Lemishine (about a 40 or 45 case worth), and Dawn (a "squirt"). Tap water to rinse in a colander and sink of water then spray rinse.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
How much Lemi Shine?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
About a .45 ACP case or so. The advice I was given was a .40 S&W case but I din't have one. I have the Harbor Freight Cleaner that Lyman sells, and my water level may be any where from an ich below the max line to max. Sometimes I sprinkle it on like I'm salting a plate.

Lemishine is crystalized "fruit acid", probably citric acid. I buy it at Walmart.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use about four ounces per gallon of Costco (Maintex Brand) Neutral Floor Cleaner, along with about three heaping teaspoons of citric acid per gallon of solution. I run them about eight to ten minutes at approximately 40 degrees C or 120 F.

The citric acid is all-important in my opinion as it 'passivates' the brass and also speeds up the cleaning process considerably.

That's what I have used for a couple of years now and it works quite well.

Posts: 39 | Location: Lynden, Washington | Registered: 27 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I just ran a couple batches with Lemi Shine/dish soap and think it's a great tool!!

Primer pockets were the only reason I bought the unit and they are clean!!

I let the brass dry then ran through the vibro-bowl and think I will never clean brass the same way again.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG, Ted!

Here's a post of my experiences.
Adventures in case cleaning

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote