Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not moly, but similar
 Login/Join

posted
I have spent the better part of 24 hours trying to find out more on tungsten disulfide as a bore prep and/or bullet coating, but not much luck. Some of the trade names for this are Danzac, Acculube 10x, and Ultralube-B1. Arizona Ammunition has a propietary deal w/ the 10x, but I kept trying to find producers of the powder as such to use similar to the NECO process(tumble coat), no luck that direction. Can any of you help me? I just want to do some more research about this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try http://www.rosemill.com as a source for tungsten disulphide powder. Saw them mentioned somewhere as the only source left for powder for this use. Intend to try them myself one day but need to get together with a few others to make it worthwhile.

posted Hide Post
Oz- Went to Rosemill, and they do have the powder. However, the info about process for application is lacking. Maybe we could just NECO type app(tumble)? That's what I was really looking for, the properties of the pure powder and if it could be applied in said manner. If I do find any more info, i'll let ya know so keep your eyes peeled for the post on this thread, ok? Who knows, maybe we could go in together if it looks promising, compare results and the like......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sinclairs 10th edition handbook discusses plating techniques and suggests the same NECO type impact plating for moly and Danzac. They used to sell both the powder and a Danzac bore prep paste but I think Kincaids? discontinued a long time ago. The Rosemill powder was apparently the original industrial source of the powder used and is appropriate as is for the plating process. The latter information was gleaned from a shooting related source, just can't remember which one. I bookmarked the Rosemill site because of that information.
OzzieDoc