Find
Notify
Tools

160 gr Accubond for 7mm Rem Mag?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Any loads out there? Any actual on-game experience with these? What was your velocity/accuracy?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pop,

I know this probably won't help you but I do have some experience with the 160 grain Accubond in a 7mm. I Don't have a 7mm Rem mag, but I do have a 7.21 Lazzeroni. I am using 98 grains of R25 for ~3500 FPS and am getting ~1/2" groups. I have not tried them on game yet, but get really nice looking mushrooms and about 65% weight retention in wet newsprint at 200 yards. About the same as I get with 160 gr. Nosler Partitions.

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Hey that is great. MAN! 3500 fps....smokin'
If they work at those speeds that well then 3000-3100 fps is a shoe-in!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Pop, I'm shooting them out of my .280 & 7mm Dakota. It's proven as accurate as the partition w/ a bit more exp. & slightly less penetration in wetpack. I load them the same as the partition, they are a bit longer but seem a bit softer. Vel. runs 30-50fps less than the same load w/ a partition. I see this as a great deer bullet for the guy who likes something alittle tougher than a "standard" bullet.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Anyone else?