New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: case tumblers which one?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Lyman Turbo 1200, and it works well. Initially I had troubles galore, but that was due to the media and additives being used. I use a product now that works well called Lymans Tuf Nut. It is impregnated with jewellers rouge so nothing else has to be added. Be sure to wipe off the sizing lubricants before you tumble since they will contaminate it and cause your cases to come out with a haze. Not adding a lot of stuff also means your cases and primer pocket will not clog up so readily. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote here for the Lyman 1200 Auto-Flow! I love mine. It does a great job, and even though the Auto Flow feature is not perfect, its still beter than the alternative.

Posts: 157 | Location: SW Virginia | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the Cabela's vibratory tumbler and am very happy with it. Just a couple of months ago I picked a Thumbler's Tumbler to have an extra one for whatever reason and have been very happy with it as well.

Posts: 130 | Location: East central Kansas | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't require doing batches of hundreds of rifle cases or thousands of pistol cases that will fit into some of the models on the market. The model Midway USA sells, if they now name it Frankfort, was quite inexpensive when on sale and works great. It was on special along with the rotary case\media separator, a 3 gallon bucket, both types of media, and a clear tumbler lid.

I don't know if it's peculiar to this model or all tumblers, but depending on media and case quantity--it can get very noisy. Expecially so when moly coating rifle bullets!!!!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it seems too good to be true...
The tumbler that Midway replaced my old one with is about 1/3 smaller than the old one. Now it seems I need a second small one. I do see a benefit to using 2 different small tumblers for my style of shooting since I usually have 2 or 3 batches of brass combined in a tumbling cycle

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote