Find
Notify
Tools

scandinavian powder for reduced loads?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
I plan to load my 3030 with 130 gr cast at 1000fps ,ifyou know loading data for norma or vihta. please tell me.
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would recommend Bullseye first or Unique second......But, if you can't get those in Sweden, try some fairly fast Norma or Vihta pistol powders.

DaMan

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
<J�rgen>
posted
Hi Danny , I`d recommend 12-16gr. N110 as a start in a 30/30 case with your bullet weight.
Another option (that I never tried ion a 30/30) will be N310 , yes , the fastest powder they make, try between 2-3gr.and work up slowly !Don`t worry about loading density , this stuff ignites so easily that you will be amazed.I tried it in my 300 Whisper with 190gr. bullets , was really quiet and still had enough punch to go deep into a tree stump , good luck !

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you go to the VihtaVouri or Lapua web site and send them an EMAIL requesting their loading booklet. They send these out rather quickly, and they are free. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hi
thanks for answers. I have both vihtvouri and norma's bookletts ,but there are no information about reduced loads in 3030 caliber.
danny

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Pay:
hi
thanks for answers. I have both vihtvouri and norma's bookletts ,but there are no information about reduced loads in 3030 caliber.
danny

Try a mail to support@norma.cc They will give you some piece of advice.

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Fritz
I asked Norma for a couple of years ago with no answer. I beleive they have dropped production of 3030 cartridges ,even stil there are some on the market.
danny