Find
Notify
Tools

7mm-08 and 130 Grain Peregrine
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TNDave59
posted
Anyone have any load data for 7mm-08 using 130 grain Peregrine bushmaster bullets? I’m leaning towards RL15...starting at 43 grains and working up to 46 grains.

Posts: 69 | Location: NE Tennessee  | Registered: 17 May 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TND, The Peregrine Bushmaster is very excellent.
Expands more than the NF cup point. I have used it in .577 NE on cape buffalo. Perfect balance of expansion and penetration.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's interesting, and if you can split the difference between the two, what could be better..Ive never even seen one, probably won't ever need one, as Ive done my time on the African continent. hopefully I will never lose interest in that grand country however and what guns and bullets work there..I just hope Pierre van der walt keeps kicking out more books. tu2

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
That's interesting, and if you can split the difference between the two, what could be better..Ive never even seen one, probably won't ever need one, as Ive done my time on the African continent. hopefully I will never lose interest in that grand country however and what guns and bullets work there..I just hope Pierre van der walt keeps kicking out more books. tu2

Ray - - I just received his book in the mail today. A feast. Thanks to whoever pointed it out here.

Posts: 874 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That book is the bible of African cartridges and his knowledge is impressive..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote