Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BRASS LIFE-HANDGUNS
 Login/Join

posted
WOULD BE INTERESTED IN KNOWING HOW LONG ANYONE FEELS THEY CAN USE MANGUM BRASS, 41MAG ETC., AND STILL KEEP HUNTING ACCURACY. TO ME THIS MEANS NO BIGGER GROUPS THAN 5" AT FIFTY YARDS.

Posts: 19 | Location: Winchester, VA | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot it until the necks split, you won't notice a loss of accuracy.

Posts: 1520 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted Hide Post
Just like KevinNY says, but you may check also the brass lenght if it is not too long. If it is, you must turn in into correct lenght. Nothing difficoult.

Posts: 64 | Location: Zlin, Moravia, Czech Republic, Europe | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
<stans>
posted
Also, nickel plated brass tends to be more brittle than un-plated brass, so nickel cases usually crack and split before plain brass cases.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
The one thing to remember, the more you bell and crimp your brass, the shorter its lifespan.

LouisB

Posts: 4255 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
TCLouis is correct,the less you work your brass the longer it will last! Shooting .38 target loads over and over and moving the brass very little it would last and last. If you are shooting jacketed bullets and using a taper crimp the brass will last a lot longer. With real hot loads I use nickled brass so after long periods of time I don't mix then with the regular hot loads. Killed 3 bear and a elk with a 44 mag. Good luck